Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Naptime: Day 4 and 5

Yesterday, I simply napped. It was a good nap too. It was one of those naps where you wake up sure that it is morning, and are surprised when the clock on your phone reads 2:45. You are dazed. You are confused. But, you are well-rested. Yesterday was one of those days, and it was well-needed.

Yesterday was one of those days when Elijah was being particularly two years old. He wasn't listening. He was throwing tantrums. He was running around like a crazy person. He was dumping out things he shouldn't. He was fighting with the dog. He was being two.

Today has been a stay at home day. We woke up late, had some breakfast and puttered around. I finished a book, Grave Consequences, and now have to wait until October for the next book in the series. I put Elijah down for a nap. Then, reminding me of the days when I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, to...I took a bath...in the middle of the day. It was awesome. Now I sit, contemplating what to do next as my dog and the dogs on either side of our house discuss something quite important. It really does sound like they're talking to each other.

Perhaps, I will...honestly, I have no idea what I will do next...and I kind of like it that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment