Wednesday, August 7, 2013

End of Ramadan - Happy Eid!

Today, at sundown, it will officially be the end of Ramadan.  I'm looking forward to getting my normal, happy, engaged, not hungry Saudi students back for the last four days of class. Of course, two of those days we are just taking tests, and the other two we are working on writing the last essay, but still, it will be nice to hopefully have all six on them in one place at the same time.

I am a little disappointed that the one time I was asked to go with my students for "breakfast" (as they all call their meal after sundown), I was unable to go, and now my chance is over for this year. They are an interesting people and come from a fascinating culture, and I have been so honored to learn more about it and them this past year. I have been surprised (in mostly good ways) by them at nearly every turn. I'm so thankful they all choose to come to this school, and were placed in my class.

So, to my students and any other Muslims reading - Eid Mubarak! May your holiday be blessed!

In other news, as Summer Quarter dwindles down to the last day, I am looking forward to all the crafty things I'm going to get up to until the end of September, when Fall Quarters kicks off. I've got lots of things brewing - mostly involving crocheted lace which has become a new favorite thing to make. Check back often to see what I'm up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment