Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Day 2 - Camel Christmas Paper Embroidery

Uh-oh...Guess what day Christmas is on?

I'm sure you all know the Geico camel commercial by now. I love that commercial! It cracks me up - mostly just because I love camels. I actually hate the term "hump day" and I have ever since I was little. But camels, love 'em! In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the commercial:


Today, we're headed to the zoo for Zoo Lights (they decorate the zoo with Christmas lights - none of the animals are out) with one of my coworkers and her family. At our zoo, there is a camel all decked out in Christmas finery that you can pay to ride, so I thought today would be the perfect day to share my Camel Christmas Paper Embroidery project.

Here it is! (Woot, woot!)

All I did was create a 5x7 image in Word with a camel silhouette (just Google image it), and added the words in a simple, easy to embroider font - MV Boli. (I ended up needing the increase the font size for it to embroider clearly, so you'll notice my finished product no longer says "Hump Day")

 
Then I followed the same procedure I used here which one big exception. Instead of transferring the image to my cardstock, I cut my cardstock down to 5x7 and printed the image in a very light gray directly on to it. Worked great!


I plan on wrapping it up, and having my mom open it as the first present on Christmas morning. She'll get a kick out of it! (Mom, if you happen to be reading this - act surprised!)

No comments:

Post a Comment