Wednesday, December 18, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Day 5 - My Cookie Secret

Got a cookie swap coming up?

Here is my trick for "the best cookies [people] have ever eaten" (their words, not mine).

It's so simple. Make your favorite cookie recipe - sugar cookies and peanut butter are my favorites. Then, before you put the dough on the cookie sheet, roll it into a ball, and then roll it in sugar. Put the cookie on the backing sheet, flatten if necessary (like for peanut butter cookies), and bake as directed.

The sugar helps make the outside of the cookie a little crunchy, while (somehow) helping the middle stay moist. I'm telling you, I do this with every cookie recipe I make, and people LOVE it! They can't quite figure out why they're so good, but they think I'm a genius!

I'll take it!

Happy cookie baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment