Friday, January 31, 2014

Monthly Update - January

It's already the end of January...how crazy is that?

Other than work, here's what I've been up to this month.

Crochet Projects:
  • Charisma Yarn Blanket - finished just before the Championship Game, so I could be cozy while I was stressed :) It is made with 10 skeins of Charisma yarn in Toadstool, and Q hook, a simple textured stitch, and a single crochet border.
  • Seahawks Storage Bag/Basket - finished for the Super Bowl. Yes, the Hawks are going to the Super Bowl! Only two more days! I can't wait! I modified this pattern for the bag/basket. I made it smaller, taller, and left out the spikes (only because I was going to run out of the grey).

As for my New Year's goals, I've been progressing well.
  • I crocheted all the above things for myself, using only yarns I already had in my stash. I purchased all the yarn for the blanket last year.
  • I sewed myself a mug rug, again using only scrap fabric. I spent $0 at the craft store this month on things for myself, and only $5.50 on things for projects I'm being paid for.
  • I have read 9 books in the series I am trying to read before the end of the year.
  • I did well with eating "nothing fried" and only ate one meal with something fried each week.
  • New places - James' company's holiday party was held at Teatro ZinZanni, which I had always wanted to go to but could never justify the cost, and it was absolutely amazing!
All in all, it's been a good month. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from our trip to the zoo last weekend.
 
All I can think about when I see seals now is "Wow, they really do look like dog mermaids!" Thanks, Pinterest.
 
 This kid always has his tongue out.
 
Elijah decided to fight a large pumice rock with his forehead...the rock won.
 
Coming up next month: Valentine's Day, Elijah's 3rd Birthday/President's Day, a lot more scrap busting, and a lot of fruits and vegetables.
 
February Healthy Eating Goal - no more than two meals a week with fried food, and two servings of fruit or vegetables at least four days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment