Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crochet Headphone Cover

For no reason other than it seemed cool at the time, I made these crochet headphone covers. My husband is a musician, and we have a ridiculous amount of headphones around the house, so I decided to personalize one of them.


This was made easier by the fact that the ear pieces come off of the head band.

 
Materials:
Cotton(ish) yarn from Vickie Howell (I used cotton harvest, jade jersey, and cotton field)
G hook
headphones
 


 
I modified motif #5 from the book. I give you the rest of my pattern below.

The pattern for the motif ends on round 5, so I pick up at round 6.


Change colors
Round 6:  join into a sc in one of the ch 3 spaces, sc in the same space and in the next 8 stitches, skip 2 stitches, *7 sc, skip 2, repeat from *5 times, 8 sc, turn

The rest is worked in rows to leave room for the wire.
Row 7: ch 1, 7 sc, skip 2, *5 sc, skip 2, repeat from * 4 times, 7 sc, turn
Row 8: ch 1, sc in each stitch around (44 stitches)

Change colors
Row 9-10: repeat row 8
Row 11: repeat row 8, ch 5 at the end and sl st to create a loop

 
Fasten off and weave in all ends. Sew a button opposite the loop. Repeat for the second ear piece. Put on your head phones and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! Thanks for sharing. I'll be decorating my headphones soon.

    ReplyDelete