Friday, February 28, 2014

February: Monthly Update

Highlights:
  • The Seahawks won the Superbowl! So very very exciting!
  • We celebrated by step-dad's (2/2), my father in law's (2/11), and my son's (2/17) birthdays.
  • Snow day (2/8-9) - made snow ice cream (Elijah's first) and a huge snow man
 
Elijah insisted on having a carrot nose for our snowman, Thomas, but we only had baby carrots...
Crochet:
  • Bow beanie for myself - it was going to be rainy the day of our family pictures, and my hair does not do well in the rain.
  • Currently on the hook: a baby blanket for some friends who will be finding out the gender of their baby in a few weeks. The blanket is grey, and the border will be pink or blue depending on what baby is. Also thinking about a crochet or felt applique to match the nursery theme...
 
Note: I ended up spending some money (about $30) at Michael's this month beyond what my gift card was for. I needed a lot of yarn for the prayer shawls. It was not on sale, but I couldn't wait, and they only allow one coupon per day per customer (dumb rule, if you ask me). I still have quite a bit left on my Joann's card, so I'm still trying to make that one last as long as possible.

Reading:
  • Read 4 books in the Love Finds You series
  • Read Because of Winn-Dixie (for class)
  • Read The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern - loved it! She writes so sweetly and whimsically.
  • Read The Courteous Cad by Catherine Palmer - third in a trilogy, predictable but entertaining.  There were random Pride and Prejudice quotes throughout the book which kind of annoyed me though. I can't tell if the writer was trying to do that Easter egg style, or if she has just read the book so many times that certain phrases come out in her own writing.
  • Currently rereading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon to get ready for the new book in June (yay!)
New Things:
  • Went to Salty's on Alki with some friends. We had an awesome dinner and great conversation. 
  • Tried putting with Elijah in the golf club area in Sports Authority. He just liked pulling up the little flags to get the balls out of the holes.
Healthy Eating:
  • My plan pretty much got thrown out the window this month. That's okay, there's always next month.
Next Month - going to try to work out a few times a week, finish this baby blanket soon after the gender reveal, and enjoy Spring Break - only 2.5 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment